Updating database letter

posted by | Leave a comment

If your vehicle is insured by a foreign insurer who is not a member of MIB, it will not be on the Motor Insurance Database (MID) as having a valid insurance policy.

You will be more likely to be stopped by the police on return to the UK and could be prosecuted for not having insurance to comply with UK Law.

You will need to ensure your insurance details are added to the equivalent of the MID in the country that you are travelling to.You should ensure that you have adequate insurance if the vehicle is being driven out of the country.If the vehicle is being exported to another EEA state (the EEA comprises EU countries plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein), an insurer in that state can give cover on the vehicle for 30 days to allow for the period of export.If you don’t have a registration certificate you will need to get a certificate of permanent export (V561).Download and complete the V756 ‘Application for certificate or permanent export’ and send to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AG.

Tasks can range from improving or upgrading an existing database to creating an entirely new system.

Leave a Reply

lovedatingmarriage com